Saturday, September 21, 2013

Banana Bread with a Cinnamon Swirl Center

The other day I was really in the mood to bake something, but I didn't really have a lot of time to play in the kitchen. I also had a few bananas that were over ripe, so... banana bread it is!

I found this beautiful picture of banana bread on Pinterest that led me to this recipe. I encourage you to go over and check out their other banana bread recipes listed on their page. Wow, do they look good!

I decided to try their Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread and this is how it went...


Banana Bread with a Cinnamon Swirl Center
This looks so good!



Ingredients needed
Luckily this recipe calls for items I already had in the kitchen.


Dry Ingredients
Put the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk together, and set aside.


Wet Ingredients
In a separate bowl, beat the room temperature butter with the brown sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Stir in your mashed banana, yogurt, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir until mixed. 


Cinnamon Sugar filling
Mix together sugar and cinnamon.


Start to assemble
Put half of your banana bread batter in bread pan that has been coated with non-stick spray. Cover with the cinnamon sugar mixture.


Ready to bake
Pour the rest of the batter over the top and put into oven. When finished baking, put on rack to cool. When the banana bread is almost completely cooled, make the glaze topping.


Ingredients for glaze toppings.
Mix powdered sugar and half & half to make glaze. 


Finished

Put glaze over banana bread. Time to try it!


Ok, mine isn't nearly as pretty as the original recipe. But, it was still very good. We had it for dessert, and the kids had some for breakfast the next morning. Banana bread can be boring, but the cinnamon center added a really nice touch. I highly recommend this recipe and I am looking forward to trying the other banana bread recipes at the link posted above. 




No comments:

Post a Comment